What we do
…is to secure a vibrant future for all the Calder Valley by holding and developing land and buildings sustainably on behalf of the community.
Our main focus is in delivering community-led developments to create homes at affordable rents in Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd and the upper Calder Valley.
- public consultations on all our proposed developments
- holding a series of public meetings and debates on relevant topics
- working closely with our members
- supporting and sharing with other likeminded groups locally and regionally
- working closely with Calderdale Council’s housing team.
Our core principles
We support the Rural Housing Alliance Pledge, we will always aim to:
- Work closely with the local community and Parish Council to find the right site
- Always give qualifying local people in housing need first priority for every home
- Ensure that affordable homes always remain affordable
- Build sensitively designed, high-quality homes to high environmental standards
- Provide good quality and locally sensitive management services to our residents
- Always respond positively to the local community
What is a CLT?
Housing is a real issue in this country, and the commercial housebuilders just can’t provide all the homes, and certainly not the affordable homes for rent that we need. So CLTs are springing up everywhere as local people tackle their own, specific local housing issues.
But what is a CLT? The National CLT Network has produced this simple diagram and a great video explaining what CLTs do and why they are needed today.